The Construction Management Department at the Universidad Católica del Norte, with backing from the Chilean Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI®), offers this postgraduate program aimed at developing skills in professionals responsible for leading and managing complex projects.
The fundamental objective of this program is to develop skills associated with project management, covering nine defined areas of knowledge: project integration, scope, time management, cost management, procurement, risk, quality, human resources and communications.
These key areas are complemented by other topics relevant to the discipline, such as strategic management, project development and assessment, environmental management, safety management, leadership, teamwork, effective communication and negotiation skills.
Participants who meet the requirements of the program will receive a Master’s Degree in Integrated Project Management, awarded by the Universidad Católica del Norte. Additionally, if they comply with all of the requirements specified by the PMI®, they will be eligible to sit the certification examination to qualify as a “Project Management Professional – PMP”, having paid the necessary fees.
The general objective of the Master’s of Integrated Project Management (MEGIP) is to provide specialized postgraduate training to prepare professionals for decision-making throughout the project life cycle, allowing program graduates to model and analyze the complex issues associated with project management.
Professionals who complete the Master’s of Integrated Project Management will be capable of leading and managing projects, achieving set objectives in terms of project integration, scope, cost, timescale, quality, risk, communication, human capital, procurement and environmental impact. Graduates of the program will able to balance stakeholder interests throughout the project lifecycle, contributing to the strategic development of the organization.
Skills and abilities developed:
- Project launch phase
- Project planning
- Management of project execution
- Management of changes and/or extensions to the project
- Monitoring and control of the project
- Conclusion of the project
- Leading project teams
- Proactive and balanced project leadership
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Empathetic, multidirectional communication
- Ethics and professional responsibility
- Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in an area relating to architecture, construction or engineering (4, 5 or 6-year programs in any discipline), with least 1 year of proven experience in project management, and should aim to develop skills and contribute to their industry or organization within the discipline of Project Management.
- Candidates from other academic backgrounds may be accepted following an interview with the Program Director.
- Candidates may also be recent Graduates of Construction Engineering from the Universidad Católica del Norte, who wish to obtain a Master’s Degree under the current plan of studies (Plan N), having graduated within the past three years.
Plan of Studies
The Master’s of Integrated Project Management is made up of 18 subject blocks, divided into Introductory subjects, Specialization subjects and Skills Development subjects.
These will be delivered over four academic semesters, and will cover the foundations, methods and techniques of Project Management. Four subject blocks will also be dedicated to the Thesis Project.
During these workshops, each student will develop a piece of applied work, which should demonstrate their grasp of the concepts, methodologies and skills developed during this postgraduate program and knowledge of the tools and techniques used in the discipline.
- Application form (according to format)
- Copy of Chilean national ID card or passport
- Degree certificate (notarized)
- Two letters of recommendation (according to format)
- Digital photograph (.jpg) with white background.
- Current CV
Along with the information submitted, the candidate should pay the application fee of CLP $20,000 for Chilean citizens or US $40.00 for foreign nationals
Payment by means of:
- Direct deposit to UCN at Banco Santander, current account N° 02-99660-0.
- Bank deposit or transfer to UCN at Banco Santander current account N° 02-99660-0, RUT 81.518.400-9.
- Check (nominative or crossed) or bank draft to Universidad Católica del Norte.
Confirmation of payment by any of the above means should be sent to email@example.com
|General fee||$285.000.- (CLP)|
|First Year Registration Fee||Antofagasta: $4.070.000 (CLP)
Santiago: $4.180.000 (CLP)
|Total Program Fee||Antofagasta:$8.140.000. (CLP)
Santiago: $8.360.000 (CLP)
|Observations||Program fees include stamp value of Certificate|
*2020 admission fees.
Antofagasta: Instalaciones de la Universidad Católica del Norte (Adress Av. Angamos 0610, Antofagasta)
Santiago: Universidad Católica del Norte MEGIP facility (Address to be confirmed).
All classes are in-person and take place two weekends per month: Fridays from 18:00 to 22:00 and Saturdays from 8:30 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 18:00.
Director: Boris Heredia Rojas
Director Santiago: Alfredo González León
Teléfono: (56-55) 2355459
Encargada de Comunicación: Giovana Santiago
Teléfono: (56-55) 2355035